The Eco Box Studio
The eco box studio was built with almost everything repurposed or recycled !
The beauty is in the simplicity !
A great example of reusing materials.
Sustainability features of this work:
- Floor joists: repurposed from demolition hardwood roof timber.
- Second hand jarrah windows
- Shower screen 10mm turned into a window with repurposed timber
- Second hand French doors
- Second hand jarrah/glass door
- Stud frames: repurposed from demolition hardwood roof timber.
- Outdoor cladding: repurposed old shed roof sheets, hardiflex and weatherboards offcuts from building sites, pavers
- Insulation: earth wool (left overs from other jobs)
- Architraves and skirting: repurposed decking boards.
- low embodied energy materials
- limestone garden edge/walls
Butcher shop into a Wellness centre
Transforming a Butcher shop into a Chiropractic Clinic !!
Features of this project:
- Designed as simple as possible by us the people building it, taking into account the size of materials at all times reducing building waste considerably
- Economically sustainable: Working in collaboration with owners where they pay for labour and materials only, without the usual hidden profits & margins that bigger companies include in every single item, making transparency and honesty a safe environment for workers, which is reflected in the finished product and reduces the overall project cost significantly.
- Existing ceiling and floor tiles kept to reduce cost and general building waste.
- Transforming an old shop in stead of building a new one.
Tiny House - Shed Transformation
Some of the main features of this Tiny house project are:
- 3 x restored 100 year old sash windows
- Custom made Recycled jarrah benchtops
- Restored second hand French doors
- Handmade stain glass window
- Architraves with repurposed second hand hardwood timber
- Benches and cabinets structures with repurposed second hand hardwood timber
- All cabinets doors with
recycled/salvaged second hand jarrah floorboards
Low Embodied Energy Materials
Another great example on how to reuse materials !!
- Most of the limestone came from the same site
- Rubble walls (concrete, rock, pavers)
- Recycled bricks for paving
- Deck joists: repurposed salvaged hardwood roof timber
- Decking boards: Repurposed second hand Wandoo floorboards
Landscaping with Bene Big Jobs
Another great outcome:
- Garden beds
- Compost beds
- Chicken house
Ensuite - Garage conversion
Working in collaboration with home owners where the pay for the time of work and materials only without any hidden cost.
Would like to see more of our work please click on the link below